Hi there! Thank you so much for stopping by my little spot on the internet. I’m a 20-something lifestyle blogger living in Las Vegas. Here I (not so regularly) document my life and my attempts at finding balance between all the facets of daily life, which is something I think we can all relate to. Anywho, here’s a little bit more about me:
In 2003 I left the nest to go to college and find myself. However, after two years of working full time in retail while attending school full time and accruing a lot of college debt I decided that I wanted to do more with my life. I could always figure out what I wanted to be when I “grew up” later right? So I joined the Air Force in 2005 and it was hands down the best decision of my life.
Fast forward to today.
- Before the military I had never been farther west than Chicago. Today, I’ve made it all around the world and have lived so far in South Carolina, Arizona, Texas, Nevada, Italy and Korea. I’ve visited numerous other places which you can see on my Travels Page.
- I married Aaron, my best friend, who is also in the Air Force.
- I recently changed my job in the Air Force. Before I worked on the external electronics for A-10s and F-16s. Now I work in the hospital as a Respiratory Therapist and a tech in the Cardiology/Pulmonary clinics.
I absolutely adore my new job and may have found my calling aka what I’ll be when I grow up
- I ran my first and only half marathon in 2010 and have been in love with running ever since. I’ve never felt so proud of myself as I did on this day. I would love to do more races but I’ve been battling ITBS for almost 2 years now. I haven’t ran more than 5 miles since.
- We are currently parents to two fur babies: Lucy (faun) and Whiskey (dark brindle). They’re our beloved boxers and they truly light up our lives. I don’t think a day goes by where they don’t have us cracking up with their antics and attitudes.
I wake up to this on an almost daily basis
- Come January 2014 we will become real parents to our first bouncing baby. I can’t wait but seriously how scary is that too???
- Anything in a mug
- Country Music
- Reading healthy living/lifestyle blogs
- Good food and cooking
- Entertaining people ( I wish I did it more)
- My boxers
- Sweet stuff
- Anything creepy crawly
- 12 hour shifts
- Dog drool and eye boogers on my walls (oi! boxers!)
- Burnt popcorn
- interrupted naps
- Rude folks
Well there you have it. Me in a sorta long nutshell. Tell me something about yourself and as always thanks again for stopping by!