I hope you all are having a great Valentine’s day for me. The hubs and I usually don’t celebrate it much but I think the separation is getting to us since we both mailed eachother gifts. I haven’t received mine yet but he got his card, motorcycle chocolate bar and bear. The bear was holding a red cardboard cutout of a heart with four gold nails through the sides. It said, “I’d Nail You.” Hah! He got a kick out of it 😀
Anywho, you’re not here for crude jokes right? You want cheesecake I’m sure. Well, I have a few recipes coming your way since I’m in the middle of a cheesecake war with my cousin Phil. He had a taste of my Triple Chocolate Cheesecake and decided to declare war. That usually isn’t the reaction I get but hey, IT’S ON!
I’ve got several flavor combos in my head and right now I have cheesecake number 3 for the week in the oven. It’s a good thing I have so many people around here to taste test and eat these up because I would be gaining about 15 lbs. Here’s the first one for the week and it’s RICH.
First thing is first: You need to make the recipe for the Brownie that Will Change Your Life. I make these on their own and call them crack brownies or magic brownies. They are amazing!
The brownies are the crust for the cheesecake but you need to make them as thin as possible which means you will have left over brownie batter. I’m sure you can figure out what to do with it 😉 Then we’re topping with White Chocolate Cheesecake Batter. Here’s the method.
White Chocolate Cheesecake with Caramel Brownie Crust
- 1 pkg. (18.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup chopped nuts ( Optional )
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 35 (10-oz. pkg.) caramels, unwrapped
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 8 oz White Chocolate (get the good stuff!)
- 4 x 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 whole large eggs
- 2 Large egg yolks
- 2 T all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 t vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Using a 10″ springform pan, make the first layer per the recipe BUT make it as thin as possible. You should definitely use a wet spoon to spread the batter and if there are any bare spots it’s ok. They’ll fill in when it bakes. Pull the first layer out after 5 minutes.
- Make your caramel sauce while the first layer bakes. After the first layer is out top with chocolate chips and caramel sauce.
- Top with the second layer of brownie and AGAIN make this layer as thin as possible. It’s tricky but just keep stretching the brownie over it.
- Bake this layer for 10 minutes and pull the pan out to cool. Now get to the filling!
- Take a big pan, fill it with water and leave it in the oven to get nice and steamy. This helps with cracking. Some use a water bath to prevent cracking but I had a bad experience with a leaky springform pan and so I vowed to never ruin another cheesecake like that again. It’s just too precious you know?
- Melt your white chocolate over a double boiler and set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy.
Once fluffy, slowly add sugar and beat until REALLY fluffy and smooth.
- Add whole eggs and yolks, one at a time, beating well at low speed and scraping down the bowl after each addition.
- Beat in flour and vanilla until just combined.
- Whisk in your chocolate! Then pour over your cooled brownie layer.
- Pop in the oven for 50-55 minutes or until only the center is a little wobbly. It’ll set while it cools.
ENJOY and Happy Valentine’s Day!