Hey all! How was your holiday? I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving day filled with family and/or friends and lots of great food. Mine was good but definitely didn’t go the way I wanted it to. Do big events ever though? This time the hiccup wasn’t like last year when the hubby deep fried the turkey for over an hour only to find the bird was barely warm. It turned out that the head of his thermometer wasn’t screwed on all the way and the oil temp was only around 100* . . . oops. I wish this year had been a hiccup like that one.
Nope, lets go back to Tuesday. I had planned on making the hubby and I a simple and nutritious dinner to take to work but we ran out of time and left for work late. We decided that we’d just get dinner out later. When we met up we headed out for a little place that encourages the eating of “mor chik’n.” He got a sandwich and I got a salad. Fast forward to 330 AM Wednesday and I’m laid out on the floor like this poor chica and puking my guts out.
It turns out that that “wise” food choice with the salad ended up giving me food poisoning. I spent the next 6 hrs or so, either laying in bed with my head in a bucket or praying to the porcelain god. Needless to say, this is not at all what I had planned for the day before Thanksgiving.
Anywho, the hubby relocated Thanksgiving to a friend’s house and reassigned all of my cooking to friends. I was under strict orders not to handle any food just in case what I had was a bug and not food poisoning. Although, I’m convinced it was food poisoning because:
- When I’m sick, he’s sick and he hasn’t been sick in a long time.
- I have NEVER been so violently ill in my entire LIFE
Thanksgiving went well though and we all had a good time. We watched Gnomeo and Juliet, ate a lot of food (I tried but couldn’t stomach much beyond some sweet potato), and then we watched Annie.
All in all, it was a pretty great dinner with great friends and THAT is what’s most important.
Have you ever had food poisoning?
How was your Thanksgiving?
Have a great day all and be safe!