Hey hey! How are ya’ll doing today? I’m doing just fine. It’s a beautiful day and it’s only in the low 90s One of the places I’ve really missed was Trader Joe’s but somehow it’s taken me a month to get there! I think it’s because TJ’s is a half hour away from my new house. Also, it seems my Safeway is starting to carry a lot more of the type of items I would normally get at TJ’s too. The prices just aren’t the same though.
Anywho, lucky me got off early last Thursday and was able to scoop Deana up for a trip to TJ’s. I was SO excited to get some of their vegan and gluten free goods. Here’s the haul:
- Sprouted Tofu – much easier to digest, it has twice the protein of regular tofu, and more iron/calcium too
- Baked Tofu – it just tastes good
- 3 grain Tempeh – not gluten-free but we’ll see how it goes in Ashley’s new recipe for Herbed and Breaded Tempeh <—I’m excited!
- Soy chorizo – I swear this tastes like the real thing and the hubby loves it in breakfast burritos
- Soy Mozarella – This stuff tastes like the real thing! The hubby was excited to see this because it means I’m making stuffed shells.
- 4 Bags of Powerberries – dark chocolate covered pieces of chewy fruit juice gummies (yes, I’m addicted to these)
- 2 Bags of gluten free brownie mix <—Deliciousness for the lazy choco-fiend
- Pumpkin Bread & Muffin Mix – The hubby is obsessed with all things pumpkin
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee – For the hubby
- White and Red Quinoa – gluten free grains, I’ve never bought red before so I just HAD to have it
- Almond Meal – Not sure what I’m making with this but I’m excited to try some gluten free baking out with it
- Garlic and Herb pizza dough
- Pizza sauce
- Pepitas (pumpkin seeds) – for black bean burgers
I’m not sure many people know but TJ’s has a PHENOMENAL wine selection that is SUPER cheap. My favorite ever Pinot Grigio can be found there for a mere $1.99. YES PLEASE!
- 2 x $2 Pinot Grigio
- 1 New Pinot Grigio to try
- 1 Prosecco
- 1 Mystery Red that I got simply for the bottle
Anywho, I’m excited to get in the kitchen with my wine glass in hand and make some good eats. I’m thinking that stuffed shells, pizza with baked tofu & mushrooms, black bean burgers, and breaded tempeh are in my future
Thanks so much everyone for the well wishes on my ITBS. I really appreciate the encouragement and advice Hope you all have a great day!
Happy Running and Happy Eating . . .